Juneau

Juneau

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Tracksuit

I came home from Ash Wednesday worship and put on my new velour tracksuit. Someone bought it for me as a joke on my latest birthday and it looked really comfy so I put it on and then pretended to speed walk around the house.

I've never been on the cutting edge of fashion, except maybe when I had everything seersucker, but I do think tracksuits might be for those who have quit trying. 

Yes, velour + tracksuit is amazingly comfortable, but then I caught a look at myself in the mirror.

There I was with the ashes smudged on my head looking like Maxine on a Hallmark card. 

Mortality smacked me in the face and I started to laugh. 

You are dust and to dust you shall return. 

Awesome.

I'm embracing tracksuits for this last sprint to the finish line. 

Yes, I will still make some attempt at attending to my appearance; I was able to withstand the temptation to get the pants at Costco advertised as "Ladies Comfort Fit". 

But I'm also going to enjoy some tracksuit time. 

I don't really have anything profound for this Ash Wednesday, other than how relieving it was to giggle at finitude. Yes, time will stop my breath and decay my body, but God's love and a tracksuit can sustain me until it does. 

My daughter makes it look way cuter


No comments: