Juneau

Juneau

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Love and Learn

Kirt and I escaped to Seattle for a couple of days for a concert. A concert that wasn't at a school or involved sixth graders playing Hot Cross Buns.

Robert Earl Keen, he writes poetry you can dance to. 

I love him. And I think I might have told him that several times throughout the concert. 

Poor guy is from Texas and I think he was cold because he didn't take off his coat the entire time. I might have encouraged him to take off his coat a couple times too. 

Luckily the bouncer was my new best friend so I stayed out of trouble. The bouncer had lots of tattoos so before the show I was asking him about them. Tattoos are like stained glass windows; pictures that reveal the soul within. He liked that so I didn't have to move away from the stage.

I learned some important lessons:
1. My husband loves me a lot. We were supposed to look at electric cars and I was kind of dreading listening to details about cars. Instead of spending a day pretending like I was listening and caring, we went hiking. We only spent fifteen minutes at a car dealership and got a flyer thing for my beloved to study. 

2. Just because the scotch and pickle juice shot is on sale does not make it a good idea. Even if the guy across the bar says it's a great idea and he'll get one too, it's still not a good idea. When the bartender says it will clear out your system, this should not be a selling point. 
Scotch and pickle juice = bad idea.

3. Always lock my window when I'm happy and excited. People on the street do not need to know that I love Robert Earl Keen.

4. The world does not implode if I stop checking email, facebook or messages. 

5. Never be so busy that tending relationships and investing in the things that bring us joy get skipped. 

No comments: