Juneau

Juneau

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Yeti

Today is not Monday, but I feel like in our new Twilight Zone it is. I'm not normally stressed, but I have to admit these last two weeks have made me anxious and edgy. Today was supposed to be the beginning of a vacation, but like many, my plans  changed and now I'm cleaning every corner in my house that's been neglected for 12 years. 
Not really. 
Even with a quarantine cleaning is no fun.

Cassie and I went hiking out to a cabin instead. We lay on the dock and bathed in the sun and snow. 

Until we heard Chewbacca scream from the woods. Then I realized it couldn't be Chewbacca, that's ridiculous, it must be a Yeti. And then I went through all the possible Yeti encounters and what I would do. None of them turned out well. The facade of power and control shattered again.

I want to have calming words to share that aren't dismissive of the seriousness of this pandemic and that don't turn God into a magic genie who can fix everything if we trust enough. 

I'm a firm believer in the trinity, what is eternal is the mutual outpouring of love in relationship, and I'm not a believer in the puppet master in the sky who manipulates things so good people are healed and unfaithful people die. 

God is my shield and strength not as a hamster ball to keep me safe, but as a vision of what eternity looks like. 

It will be okay - love does have the last word. 

So, love and be loved, follow the rules that help you do that, make sacrifices, ask for help, release the control we never really had, and go for walks. And say your prayers. 

And find more recipes with arugula. I love arugula and we have way more of that in Juneau than toilet paper or milk right now so we're good.


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

good thoughts - love your posts!

Jim Hale said...

You juggle rubber chickens? Working your way up to live ones?

Lynn E. said...

Thank you for your honesty.